The importance of using a SPF all year round
February 9 2019
In its most crucial role, sunscreen protects your skin from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays, UVA & UVB.
What is UVA?
UVA damage is not reversible, and we must protect ourselves at all times of the year from these rays.
UVA rays reaches deeper into the skin layers down to the dermis (The skins thickest layer). It contributes indirectly to the development of skin cancer and leads to premature ageing and wrinkles. UVA is the dominate tanning ray, yes, it’s amazing to have that sun kissed look but it causes damage over time. That skin kissed look is results from injury to the skin’s DNA, the skin darkens in an attempt to prevent further DNA damage.
This is why sunbeds are a big NO NO. The UVA from sunbeds can emit up to 12 times that of the sun!!!
What is UVB?
UVB rays are the main culprits of skin reddening and sunburn. UVB rays will usually burn the superficial layers of your skin (the epidermis) causing more immediate damage to the skin such a sunburn. UVB rays are directly absorbed by cellular DNA which plays a key part in the development of skin cancer and induces hyperpigmentation.
Like UVA rays, UVB rays can burn and damage your skin all year round especially at high altitudes, for example that fabulous skiing trip you are planning on, the UVB rays reflects on snow and ice and bounces back onto your skin so effectively the rays hit your skin twice.
Wearing a sunscreen everyday protects your skin from exposure to these rays, many of us do not realise that the sun is damaging your skin every single day regardless of the weather.
This is where Heliocare 360 is so important.
Heliocare 360 offer a multi-award-winning range which provides daily protection against UVA and UVA plus visible light and infrared-A.
Heliocare 360 offers exceptional protection with an SPF50 and is extremely high in antioxidants.
It shields the skins surface and defends the skin with a combination of intelligent ingredients:
- Fernblock FC
- An age-fighting ingredient which is found in the rainforest and scientifically proven to protect the skin structure and provides daily defence against environmental and UV ageing process.
- Mineral & Non-Mineral Filters
- Fractional Biomimtec Melanim
- Specifically designed to absorb visible light wavelengths at the skins surface. It absorbs wavelengths between 400 and 500nm at a level that's two times greater than our own melanin can absorb.
- OTZ-10 Pro Taurine
- There are no filters for infrared-A, so this advanced anti-oxidant penetrates deep into the skin helping to protect fibroblasts in the skin and prevent free radical damage caused by infrared-A
- Roxisomes are DNA repair enzymes for the skin. They repair both the nucleus and the mitochondria of DNA and can also reduce free radical damage to the mitochondria by a huge 30%.
- Vitamin C, E and Green Tea extract
- These advanced skin-loving anti-oxidants boost the activity of Fernblock FC by helping to neutralise harmful free radicals.
Heliocare 360 has a fantastic range of products suitable for every skin type. From gels to minerals, tinted and non-tinted, cushion compacts and even oral capsules there is a something for everyone. With their nourishing and elegant formulations, each one will leave your skin feeling beautiful today, and give you the ultimate daily defence you need for tomorrow; keeping your skin radiant and healthy.
To think that some products claim to have sunscreen, SPF or even sun protection is very misleading. They suggest that you only need to apply them when the sun is out. This is not true, we need to protect our skin whenever its daylight. So instead of thinking sun protection think daylight protection!
Do more for your skin
Welcome to our exciting blog that’s all about sharing with you the best of what we do. From the latest stories on what’s new.
Hannah has spent the past few years training to an advanced level with some of the industry’s leading aesthetic nurses, doctors and cosmetic surgeons and now provides a high-quality service providing non-surgical cosmetic treatments to her clients.